At the end of January, many museums in Los Angeles will be offering free admission. I got excited about it but then realized (1) I’m busy that day and (2) With a toddler in tow, we would only be able to make it to one, maybe two museums in one day. So, I decided to make my own list, because (1) At least once a month, I find myself searching for museums that offering free admission (2) Because I often joke that the only time I ever visited a museum was when the trip was organized by my school and (3) I like making lists.
I’ve used my resources (the internet) to compile a master list of FREE admission days for Los Angeles Museums, and I’m sharing it with you! I went to straight to the source (the museum websites) and came up with over 30 museums to add to the list, so you don’t have to rush on January 30th to hit up all of them.
I hope that this list will serve as a guide for you and your family to make fun memories in this big city we call L.A!
- Annenberg Photo Space, West L.A– Admission is always FREE
- Armory Center for the Arts, Pasadena–FREE for Seniors, Students and Armory Members
$5 Suggested Donation
- California African American Museum, Exposition Park-Admission is always FREE
- California Science Center–Admission to the permanent exhibition galleries is FREE (excluding IMAX and Special Exhibits)
- Craft & Folk Art Museum, Museum Row-Children under 10 are always FREE ; Sundays: Pay what you can
- Dominguez Rancho Adobe Museum– Always FREE
- Fowler Museum– Always FREE
- Griffith Observatory–Always FREE
- Hammer Museum, UCLA- Always FREE
- Japanese American Museum, Little Tokyo– Free every Thursday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and all day every third Thursday of the month; Children under 5 are always FREE
- Kidspace Museum–The first Tuesday of every month from 4:00 to 8:00pm is Kidspace’s Free Family Night
- La Brea Tar Pits–FREE Museum admission the first Tuesday of every month (except July and August) and Free Museum Admission daily to: CA EBT cardholders with I.D, CA teachers with I.D, Active or retired military with I.D., Children 2 and under
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)–Children under 17 are always FREE;L.A. County residents receive free general admission after 3 pm every weekday LACMA is open!
- Los Angeles Museum of The Holocaust-Always FREE
- Museum of Latin American Art–Children under 12 are always FREE; FREE admission every Sunday; FREE admission the fourth Friday of every month between 5:00-9:00 p.m
- Natural History Museum–FREE admission the first Tuesday of every month (except July& August) and free Museum admission every Tuesday in September; FREE admission always to CA EBT cardholders with I.D., CA teachers with I.D., Active or retired military with I.D.,Children 2 and under
- Norton Simon Museum-Admission is FREE for all visitors the first Friday of every month from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m; FREE admission for children under 18, students and active military personnel and EBT cardholders with valid I.D.
- Orange County Museum of Art– FREE every Friday; Children under 12 are always FREE
- Pasadena Museum of California Art–Children 12 and under are always FREE; FREE admission every 1st Friday from 12–5pm and 3rd Thursday from 5–8pm
- Skirball Cultural Center-Noah’s Ark tickets are FREE on Thursdays, first-come, first-served only, subject to availability (no advance tickets).
- The Autry, Griffith Park– FREE on the Second Tuesday of every month; Kids under 3 are always free
- The Autry, Mt. Washington– Always FREE
- The Broad-Always FREE
- The Getty Center-Always FREE
- The Getty Villa, Malibu– Always FREE
- The Huntington– FREE on the first Thursday of the month; must reserve in advance
- The Museum of Contemporary Art, Grand Ave–Children under 12 are always FREE; Jurors with I.D.: FREE ;Present your valid TAP card, Metro employee ID, or LA County employee ID at the MOCA Box Office to redeem two-for-one general admission.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art, Geffen–Children under 12 are always FREE;
Jurors with I.D.: FREE; Buy One Get One FREE with valid TAP card, Metro employee ID, or LA County employee ID.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art, Pacific Design Center– Always FREE
- The Paley Center for Media–Admission is always FREE but a contribution is suggested
- Travel Town Museum, Griffith Park– Always FREE
- USC Pacific Asia Museum–Free for children 11 and under; Free for All on the Second Sunday of the Month
- USC Fisher Museum of Art–Always Free
- Vincent Price Art Museum– Always FREE
- William S. Hart Museum– Always FREE
- Zimmer Children’s Museum–Children under 1: FREE; Grandparents: FREE on Thursdays
Take lots of pictures when at the museums and don’t forget to use #iamLAmamacita on your Instagram posts to automatically be entered into my give aways!
Please note that free admission does not include parking or admission to special exhibits. I recommend visiting the museum website to plan your trip
Did you know your California EBT card could do this?! – Low Income Relief
[…] L.A. Mamacita: Los Angeles Museums Free Admission Master List […]
hello and much thanks for posting this master list .
I was hoping to find something in the antelope Valley .
if you or anyone is familiar with the area , and knows of events for toddlers please shate I would greatly appreciate it.