My family has appointed me as the party planner for all of our Holiday gatherings. My job is to make it a fun night and since this year the Christmas celebration was to be hosted at my home, I decided to make a signature drink for the night. I started pinning days before, but almost all of the Christmas themed cocktails called for white chocolate liqueur, which I could not find anywhere. Well, being the improviser that I am, I came up with the idea of Candy Cane Jell-O shots! What else was I going to do with all those candy canes? The shots were super easy to make, and every adult enjoyed them very much.
The kids got a jumper and a piñata and everyone at the party had a lot of fun!
Ingredients: Makes 24 shots
- 3oz pack of any red or green gelatin
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 cup ice water
- 1 cup of peppermint schnapps
- crushed peppermint candy canes
- whipped cream or dessert topping
- Boil 1 cup of water and mix in gelatin
- Add 1 cup ice water+ 1 cup of chilled peppermint schnapps
- Use a cup to distribute evenly among shot glasses ( I used plastic ones from the dollar store but paper will work best). I you decide to use these clear plastic ones, I also suggest getting the mini spoons to scoop the Jell-O out. You can find them in the same aisle.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes
- Place in a large plate and refrigerate for one hour.
If you want the shots to be stronger don’t add the iced water but drink responsibly!
Serve as is or with whipped cream.
These cute little shots were so easy and fun to make, that I’m thinking of making another batch for New Year’s Eve. The colors, flavors and candy combinations are endless!
What’s your favorite Holiday cocktail?
If you don’t have one yet, check out my Holiday cocktail board on Pinterest for ideas!
Jello-O is a registered trademark. The trademarks, if at all used on this blog belong to their respective owners.
Leave a Reply