What do you do when your toddler wants to watch “Beauty and The Beast” twice a day? Well, if you are me, you sit down and watch it with her! I hate to admit that prior to receiving a complimentary copy of the Walt Disney Signature Collection version, I had never watched the film before. I sure am making up for lost time though! As I type this blog post, the movie is playing in the background. Today Ji is watching it with her cousin who came over for a playdate, but I’m still singing along!
In honor of the films 25th Anniversary, The Walt Disney Signature Collection edition features four versions of “Beauty and the Beast.” The Blu-ray release includes the original theatrical film; an extended version with the “Human Again” song sequence and a never-before-released on home entertainment sing-along version. But most importantly to me, it includes a Spanish version of the film. If Ji is going to watch the movie over and over, she might as well know the story in both English and Spanish!
Other Bonus Features:
BLU-RAY, DIGITAL HD* & DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE:
- Menken & Friends: 25 Years of Musical Inspiration – Get a front-row seat for an intimate discussion between legendary music composers from classic and future Disney films, including Alan Menken (“Beauty and the Beast,” “Aladdin”), Stephen Schwartz (“The Hunchback of Notre Dame,” “Pocahontas”), Kristen Anderson-Lopez (“Frozen,” Disney’s upcoming “Gigantic”), Robert Lopez (“Frozen,” Disney’s upcoming “Gigantic”) and Lin-Manuel Miranda (Disney’s upcoming “Moana”). Discover how the composers are personally connected, how they first experienced “Beauty and the Beast” and how they find inspiration for their own films. And watch as they pay tribute to the film’s award-winning music score and the man who has inspired them all—Alan Menken.
- #1074: Walt, Fairy Tales & Beauty and the Beast – Long before “Beauty and the Beast” became the instant classic we know and love, Walt Disney made two attempts—between the 1930s and 1950s—to adapt the famous fairy tale into an animated film. Discover what Walt and his team was dreaming up through Walt’s actual voice recordings, archived artwork, story notes, and learn why the project was sidelined for decades.
- Always Belle – The original voice of Belle, Paige O’Hara, reminisces about earning the role of the beautiful bookworm in “Beauty and the Beast” and recalls how the iconic character changed her life and continues to inspire fans both young and old.
- The Recording Sessions – Go in the recording booth with the cast of Beauty and the Beast and see what went into adding voices to the characters and the lines we know and love.
- 25 Fun Facts About Beauty and the Beast – Disney Channel’s Gus Kamp and Kayla Maisonet host this entertaining countdown featuring little-known fun facts, anecdotes and hidden Easter Eggs (references to Disney animated films and characters) from one of the most cherished animated films of all time.
- “Beauty and The Beast” Sneak Peek – An exciting first look into the live-action re-telling of “Beauty and the Beast,” which refashions the classic characters from the tale as old as time for a contemporary audience, staying true to the original music while updating the score with several new songs.
I love that Ji has a new favorite movie as it gives me another excuse to lay down and cuddle with her. Even if it means that she calls her daddy and I “Beauty and The Beast” now. ha!
One my readers will receive a complimentary copy of the Disney’s Beloved Animated Classic Signature Collection Edition of “Beauty and The Beast”! Just leave a comment below and let me know when was the first time you saw the film!
I will pick a random winner on Thursday, 9/29.
Savvy Every Day (@SavvyEveryDay)
Oooh my kiddo loves this movie! I can’t remember how old I was. I was in elementary school when Beauty and the Beast first came out 🙂
The first time I watched the complete Beauty and the Beast movie was about 6 years ago. It was also along side my baby girl Mia. We rented a house in East LA. Just her and I. We camped out in Mommys bed and watched all the Disney movies there!
Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorites…I saw it at the movie theater when I was a kid. My daughter loves it too…we live singing the opening song together.
I was about 8 years old. I got the movie as a bday gift from one of my uncles.
I was about 7 years old – VCR tape! huge fan! I remember watching it over and over again (occasionally having to unwind the tangle type.. lol) .. I now know that feeling of repeatability watching the same thing over and over again as my 2 Yr old must watch the Minions movie everyday.. I completely understand what you go there with your little one Ji. ❤
This is my mothers favorite movie, I believe I was about 10 yrs old when I first watched it on VHS. I am seriously counting down the day for the new beauty & the beast to come out in theaters & Aria is definitely a fan as well! 😍
My all time favorite movie.. I can sit and watch this one over and over again.. I love all Disney movies but this one just a little more.. I even danced to the “beauty and the beast” theme song in my quince 15 years ago☺️