Read below to find out more about the release of
Rapunzel, the Effervescent Barefoot Princess with Magical Blonde Hair
and enter to win your own copy for the princess in your life!
Comment below the age of when you gave your child their first haircut and be entered to win a copy!
What do you do when your toddler wants to watch “Beauty and The Beast” twice a day? Well, if you are me, you sit down and watch it with her! I hate to admit that prior to receiving a complimentary copy of the Walt Disney Signature Collection version, I had never watched the film before. I sure am making up for lost time though! As I type this blog post, the movie is playing in the background. Today Ji is watching it with her cousin who came over for a playdate, but I’m still singing along!
In honor of the films 25th Anniversary, The Walt Disney Signature Collection edition features four versions of “Beauty and the Beast.” The Blu-ray release includes the original theatrical film; an extended version with the “Human Again” song sequence and a never-before-released on home entertainment sing-along version. But most importantly to me, it includes a Spanish version of the film. If Ji is going to watch the movie over and over, she might as well know the story in both English and Spanish!
Other Bonus Features:
BLU-RAY, DIGITAL HD* & DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE:
- Menken & Friends: 25 Years of Musical Inspiration – Get a front-row seat for an intimate discussion between legendary music composers from classic and future Disney films, including Alan Menken (“Beauty and the Beast,” “Aladdin”), Stephen Schwartz (“The Hunchback of Notre Dame,” “Pocahontas”), Kristen Anderson-Lopez (“Frozen,” Disney’s upcoming “Gigantic”), Robert Lopez (“Frozen,” Disney’s upcoming “Gigantic”) and Lin-Manuel Miranda (Disney’s upcoming “Moana”). Discover how the composers are personally connected, how they first experienced “Beauty and the Beast” and how they find inspiration for their own films. And watch as they pay tribute to the film’s award-winning music score and the man who has inspired them all—Alan Menken.
- #1074: Walt, Fairy Tales & Beauty and the Beast – Long before “Beauty and the Beast” became the instant classic we know and love, Walt Disney made two attempts—between the 1930s and 1950s—to adapt the famous fairy tale into an animated film. Discover what Walt and his team was dreaming up through Walt’s actual voice recordings, archived artwork, story notes, and learn why the project was sidelined for decades.
- Always Belle – The original voice of Belle, Paige O’Hara, reminisces about earning the role of the beautiful bookworm in “Beauty and the Beast” and recalls how the iconic character changed her life and continues to inspire fans both young and old.
- The Recording Sessions – Go in the recording booth with the cast of Beauty and the Beast and see what went into adding voices to the characters and the lines we know and love.
- 25 Fun Facts About Beauty and the Beast – Disney Channel’s Gus Kamp and Kayla Maisonet host this entertaining countdown featuring little-known fun facts, anecdotes and hidden Easter Eggs (references to Disney animated films and characters) from one of the most cherished animated films of all time.
- “Beauty and The Beast” Sneak Peek – An exciting first look into the live-action re-telling of “Beauty and the Beast,” which refashions the classic characters from the tale as old as time for a contemporary audience, staying true to the original music while updating the score with several new songs.
I love that Ji has a new favorite movie as it gives me another excuse to lay down and cuddle with her. Even if it means that she calls her daddy and I “Beauty and The Beast” now. ha!
One my readers will receive a complimentary copy of the Disney’s Beloved Animated Classic Signature Collection Edition of “Beauty and The Beast”! Just leave a comment below and let me know when was the first time you saw the film!
I will pick a random winner on Thursday, 9/29.
I can’t believe my soon to be three year old has already started her second semester in college. We enrolled her at an early education center at a local college and they go by semesters so technically it is her second semester, she’s just not in college YET. haha! She loves school and every week she has the responsibility to pack her backpack with essentials like a few changes of clothes, a blanket for nap time and other items depending on the assignment. She’s little but her big girl Princess Elena backpack gifted to her by Disney is perfect for the job!
The front pocket is perfect for storing baby wipes 😉 The two side pockets carry her sippy cup and hand sanitizer. She goes to school but she’s still my baby!
She stuffed the inside with a warm blanky, three changes of clothes and plenty of snacks!
When she comes from home from school she asks, “where is Elena”? She’s her new best friend and she loves to dance and sing with her. If you twirl Elena’s hand she sings both “The Magic Within You ” and “My Time” from her hit TV show. The singing is definitely Ji’s favorite feature.
Mine and the hubby’s favorite is the Princess Elena backpack that secretly doubles as our toddler bag for everyday essentials when out and about. I’m not the only parent that does this, right?
If your child is just as obsessed with Elena of Avalor or you are looking for a perfect gift, I do recommend the Feature Doll Set that also includes Elena’s sister Isabel and a guitar, scepter, crown, earrings, bracelet, shoes and book!
What are your family’s favorite back to school items? Do tell!
A few weeks ago, I was invited to a press junket to interview Aimee Carrero, whom I know and love from the hit series Young and Hungry. She is promoting her latest project, ELENA OF AVALOR, a new animated series on the Disney Channel, where she voices Elena, the first Latina Disney princess. I quickly agreed! She’s making history and I wanted to meet the voice behind the princess that I know my daughter will grow up loving. Actually, let me take that back. Ji already loves Elena.
LAM: How does it feel to be the first Latina Disney Princess?
AC: It’s a pinch me moment. All the time!
LAM: You did some singing in the series. Who are your favorite Latin artist?
AC: I grew up listening to Juan Luis Guerra, a lot of Marc Anthony. I’m from Miami, so Celia Cruz and I also grew up listening to Gloria Estefan (another Miami girl).
LAM: What’s the one message you want all the little girls, especially the Latina girls to take away from Elena?
AC: That you can be Latina and do it all. I hope that Elena will make it a little bit easier for them as they grow up.
Check out the rest of my interview here!
Take a look a the infographic below and you will find out the origin of the some of the things that make ELENA OF AVALOR a princess everyone can relate to!
Are you just as excited for your kids to meet Elena as I am for my little Ji? The wait is almost over! Disney’s ELENA OF AVALOR will air on July 22nd at 7PM on the Disney Channel. In the meantime, check out this video to learn more about Elena’s kingdom!
SOFIA THE FIRST: THE SECRET LIBRARY, Releasing June 7th
Ji and I have been visiting our local library on a weekly basis ever since she was one year old. She loves going to toddler story-time, checking out Spanish books and coloring on the different activity sheets provided. I can honestly say that is one her favorite things to do!
In honor of SOFIA THE FIRST: THE SECRET LIBRARY, Ji and I made a book about everything she loves about the library. She’s two and half so she mostly scribbled, still it’s never too early to introduce your kids to the magical world of a library!
SOFIA UNLOCKS A SECRET WORLD AND BECOMES STORYKEEPER
OF MAGICAL BOOKS IN SOFIA THE FIRST: THE SECRET LIBRARY
Available on Disney DVD June 7
Features TWO Special Appearances – Princess Merida (“Brave”) and Olaf (“Frozen”) – Plus a FREE Sofia Necklace Inside!
Synopsis: Sofia’s Aunt Tilly returns to give her a gift that will unlock a secret world and appoint Sofia storykeeper of magical books without endings in “Sofia the First: The Secret Library.” Follow along as Sofia pursues adventures that will finish the narratives, including rescuing Minimus’ brother from an evil prince and setting out on a mission to stop Miss Nettle from stealing all the beautiful snowdrop flowers from the wintery kingdom of Freezenberg. Merida from Disney•Pixar’s “Brave” and Olaf from Disney’s “Frozen” make special appearances.
Do your kids have a library card yet? They are FREE, so I encourage you to visit your local library and get one today! + One reader will receive a copy of SOFIA THE FIRST: THE SECRET LIBRARY!
Alice Through The Looking Glass was everything I expected it to be. It was quirky, funny, had amazing costumes and of course full of inspirational quotes. I especially loved Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter and Sacha Baron who plays the entity Time! My two-year-old sat through the entire movie (with 3d glasses and all!) and laughed most of the time. I don’t think she understood the storyline, but she definitely enjoyed all of the creatures that live in the fantastical world of Underland. The White Rabbit (Michael Sheen), the Cheshire Cat (Stephen Fry), the dormouse (Barbara Windsor), the March Hare (Paul Whitehouse) and the Tweedles (Matt Lucas). It’s an inspirational movie that the whole family will enjoy!
You cannot change the past. It always was. It always will be.
Although I dare say, you might learn something from it….
~The Spectacular Adventure~
Alice Kingsleigh (Mia Wasikowska) has spent the past three years living her dream and sailing the high seas as captain of her own ship. Upon her return to London, she finds that, while much has changed in her absence, the antiquated views as to women’s role in society still remain and that the future she envisioned for herself may no longer be possible. While attending a reception at the home of Lord Ascot, Alice is overcome with emotions and storms out of the party and spots Absolem (Alan Rickman). Now a blue Monarch butterfly, Absolem leads Alice to a magical looking glass, through which she is able to return to the fantastical realm of Underland.
Unbirthday Party Décor Inspiration
A few months ago one of my best friends threw an unbirthday party for her two kids. She was going to be moving out of state and wanted to have a birthday celebration for both of the girls with friends and family. I absolutely loved all of the little details!
Ji was REALLY feeling the treats….
Everything about the décor was colorful and creative. The hostess also mentioned that she found all of the little trinkets at second hand stores. Creative and thrifty!
Disney’s “Alice Through the Looking Glass,” which is presented in Digital 3D™, Real D 3D and IMAX® 3D, opens in U.S. theaters on May 27, 2016.