What do you do when your toddler wants to watch “Beauty and The Beast” twice a day? Well, if you are me, you sit down and watch it with her! I hate to admit that prior to receiving a complimentary copy of the Walt Disney Signature Collection version, I had never watched the film before. I sure am making up for lost time though! As I type this blog post, the movie is playing in the background. Today Ji is watching it with her cousin who came over for a playdate, but I’m still singing along!
In honor of the films 25th Anniversary, The Walt Disney Signature Collection edition features four versions of “Beauty and the Beast.” The Blu-ray release includes the original theatrical film; an extended version with the “Human Again” song sequence and a never-before-released on home entertainment sing-along version. But most importantly to me, it includes a Spanish version of the film. If Ji is going to watch the movie over and over, she might as well know the story in both English and Spanish!
Other Bonus Features:
BLU-RAY, DIGITAL HD* & DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE:
- Menken & Friends: 25 Years of Musical Inspiration – Get a front-row seat for an intimate discussion between legendary music composers from classic and future Disney films, including Alan Menken (“Beauty and the Beast,” “Aladdin”), Stephen Schwartz (“The Hunchback of Notre Dame,” “Pocahontas”), Kristen Anderson-Lopez (“Frozen,” Disney’s upcoming “Gigantic”), Robert Lopez (“Frozen,” Disney’s upcoming “Gigantic”) and Lin-Manuel Miranda (Disney’s upcoming “Moana”). Discover how the composers are personally connected, how they first experienced “Beauty and the Beast” and how they find inspiration for their own films. And watch as they pay tribute to the film’s award-winning music score and the man who has inspired them all—Alan Menken.
- #1074: Walt, Fairy Tales & Beauty and the Beast – Long before “Beauty and the Beast” became the instant classic we know and love, Walt Disney made two attempts—between the 1930s and 1950s—to adapt the famous fairy tale into an animated film. Discover what Walt and his team was dreaming up through Walt’s actual voice recordings, archived artwork, story notes, and learn why the project was sidelined for decades.
- Always Belle – The original voice of Belle, Paige O’Hara, reminisces about earning the role of the beautiful bookworm in “Beauty and the Beast” and recalls how the iconic character changed her life and continues to inspire fans both young and old.
- The Recording Sessions – Go in the recording booth with the cast of Beauty and the Beast and see what went into adding voices to the characters and the lines we know and love.
- 25 Fun Facts About Beauty and the Beast – Disney Channel’s Gus Kamp and Kayla Maisonet host this entertaining countdown featuring little-known fun facts, anecdotes and hidden Easter Eggs (references to Disney animated films and characters) from one of the most cherished animated films of all time.
- “Beauty and The Beast” Sneak Peek – An exciting first look into the live-action re-telling of “Beauty and the Beast,” which refashions the classic characters from the tale as old as time for a contemporary audience, staying true to the original music while updating the score with several new songs.
I love that Ji has a new favorite movie as it gives me another excuse to lay down and cuddle with her. Even if it means that she calls her daddy and I “Beauty and The Beast” now. ha!
One my readers will receive a complimentary copy of the Disney’s Beloved Animated Classic Signature Collection Edition of “Beauty and The Beast”! Just leave a comment below and let me know when was the first time you saw the film!
I will pick a random winner on Thursday, 9/29.
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Wildly Witty, Vibrant World of “Zootopia” Arrives Home on June 7 via Digital HD, Blu-ray™ and Disney Movies Anywhere
Have you all seen Zootopia yet? It’s the latest craze around our house! We saw an extended preview at Disney California Adventure and we also took Ji and her cousin to see the movie when it came out in theatres in March. At home it has been viewed a minimum of six times since we received our copy for review a week ago. We knew from the moment we saw the extended preview that it would be a great hit. I loved all of the vibrant colors and cities that made up Zootopia and I definitely forsee lots of birthday parties with the fun theme. Overall, I love the inspiring message that the movie sends to all of the underdogs of the world. You can be anything you want to be!
Audiences around the world have fallen in love with the wonderfully innovative animal metropolis of “Zootopia” and the comedic chemistry of rookie rabbit officer Judy Hopps (Ginnifer Goodwin) and scam-artist fox Nick Wilde (Jason Bateman). It’s been called one of the best buddy cop comedies in years! Thankfully, there’s more—much more.
Features include candid conversations with filmmakers and artists behind Zootopia, an alternate opening, never-before-seen characters and deleted scenes and a sneak peek at some of the hidden Easter Eggs that make reference to Disney Animation’s most beloved films and characters.
Ji loves the movie but she also goes bananas when she hears the an inspiring original song, “Try Everything,” performed by Grammy®-winning, international superstar Shakira (voice of Zootopia’s biggest pop star, Gazelle).
TWO LUCKY WINNERS READERS WILL RECEIVE A FREE COPY!
“Zootopia” Arrives Home on June 7 via Digital HD, Blu-ray™ and Disney Movies Anywhere
I received a free copy of Zootopia for my review. All opinions expressed are my own.
Give Away in now closed
Vanessa C. and Jaquelyn S.!!!
Alice Through The Looking Glass was everything I expected it to be. It was quirky, funny, had amazing costumes and of course full of inspirational quotes. I especially loved Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter and Sacha Baron who plays the entity Time! My two-year-old sat through the entire movie (with 3d glasses and all!) and laughed most of the time. I don’t think she understood the storyline, but she definitely enjoyed all of the creatures that live in the fantastical world of Underland. The White Rabbit (Michael Sheen), the Cheshire Cat (Stephen Fry), the dormouse (Barbara Windsor), the March Hare (Paul Whitehouse) and the Tweedles (Matt Lucas). It’s an inspirational movie that the whole family will enjoy!
You cannot change the past. It always was. It always will be.
Although I dare say, you might learn something from it….
~The Spectacular Adventure~
Alice Kingsleigh (Mia Wasikowska) has spent the past three years living her dream and sailing the high seas as captain of her own ship. Upon her return to London, she finds that, while much has changed in her absence, the antiquated views as to women’s role in society still remain and that the future she envisioned for herself may no longer be possible. While attending a reception at the home of Lord Ascot, Alice is overcome with emotions and storms out of the party and spots Absolem (Alan Rickman). Now a blue Monarch butterfly, Absolem leads Alice to a magical looking glass, through which she is able to return to the fantastical realm of Underland.
Unbirthday Party Décor Inspiration
A few months ago one of my best friends threw an unbirthday party for her two kids. She was going to be moving out of state and wanted to have a birthday celebration for both of the girls with friends and family. I absolutely loved all of the little details!
Ji was REALLY feeling the treats….
Everything about the décor was colorful and creative. The hostess also mentioned that she found all of the little trinkets at second hand stores. Creative and thrifty!
Disney’s “Alice Through the Looking Glass,” which is presented in Digital 3D™, Real D 3D and IMAX® 3D, opens in U.S. theaters on May 27, 2016.