This past Thanksgiving weekend we visited San Diego. Our second home as I often refer to it because one day, maybe, we will be back to stay. I’m not a huge fan of crowds so while my oldest daughter was at Sea World with her grandparents, we took our baby to explore a cool new park in San Diego. The park is called Civita Park and it’s located in Mission Valley. If you are not familiar with San Diego then you’ll most likely miss the park since it’s hidden behind apartments and shopping centers but it can be easy to find if you are looking for it.
It was almost dark when we arrived so we did not get to fully explore it but below are details that I did notice and loved about this modern San Diego park.
- There are bunnies all around the park. It makes for a cute location to host an Alice and Wonderland Party, Easter gathering, Bunny birthday party or even a baby shower.
- There’s plenty of seating. We set up a mini picnic in the lounge areas.
- Just across the street, there is a Party City for anyone having a celebration at the park and a few restaurants like O’s American Kitchen. There are also two grocery stores (Food 4 Less/I can’t remember the second one) about a half a mile away.
- The park has a splash pad for the kids. At night the water fountains light up into different colors.
- The giant chess pieces are available to the public. No need to carry lots of toys or gadgets with you.
- Parking is free and plenty
- Bring your camera because everything about this park is picture worthy!
If compared to Los Angeles parks, I would say this park is a cross between Grand Park and State Historic Park in Downtown, Los Angeles. I will definitely be returning to bring my oldest and spend more time exploring this awesome San Diego Park. I loved Civita Park and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to explore San Diego outside of the tourist areas.
Civita Park is located at 7964 Civita Blvd, San Diego, CA 92108
Leave a Reply