I had such a big smile on my face all day yesterday! Not that I’m sad today, I was just extra happy yesterday because I had the opportunity to visit Happy Place at their new location at L.A Live and experience it before it re-opened to the public. You can’t help but smile throughout the entire experience. It was also lots of fun because I was able to bring my L.A Mamacitas along and I can always be extra silly around these girls.
I took notes for you mamas so that you know the scoop before you head over to Happy Place with your kiddos. I will for sure be returning with my girls!
- Kids under 4 are free! If you are a toddler mom, you are in luck because kids under 4 years old get in free with a paid adult ticket.
- You can’t take strollers inside. They do have a stroller parking area right outside of the venue. If you having a meal at L.A Live before or after your visit to Happy Place, you will have somewhere to park your stroller while you are inside. If you’ll just be visiting Happy Place, then I recommend leaving it in the car. Which leads me to my next pointer.
- Parking is in the same structure as Happy Place (West Garage). The walk from your car to the venue will be short. However, if you plan to stay longer than 2-hours, parking is about $30.
- Bathrooms. The bathrooms are located outside of the venue. Once you start going to the exhibition they won’t let you go back to the beginning. I highly suggest using the potty before you and the kids go in!
- Food and Drinks. They have a marketplace at the end of the experience. There are local vendors selling colorful treats like ice cream, popcorn, and grilled cheese sandwiches. Happy Place also offers complimentary treats throughout the fun rooms.
Other things to keep in mind…
- It’s best to purchase your tickets ahead of time. You can do so here.
- Make sure you have plenty of memory on your phone. The whole experience is picture and selfie worth it.
- Be silly and have fun. Let your kids touch, feel and explore. Your kids don’t need to pose for a picture for you to capture the moment!
- Purchase a lemonade. Proceeds go to a local kids charity.
What is Happy Place?
Happy Place is a massive pop-up experience at L.A. LIVE filled with smiles, laughs, one of a kind installations, multi-sensory immersive rooms, and a whole lot of selfie moments that you don’t want to miss!
Happy Place is located at the Event Deck at L.A Live: 1005 CHICK HEARN CT. LOS ANGELES CA 90015 and will remain open through May 27, 2018.
See you there!